The Africa Grantmakers’ Affinity Group (AGAG) is network of funders whose mission is to promote increased and more effective funding in Africa through building and sharing knowledge.
AGAG’s primary audience is grantmakers based in the United States, but membership is open to grantmakers outside of the United States. AGAG is a project of the Tides Center.
Membership in AGAG entitles you to a range of services designed to assist you in your work and add value to your Africa grantmaking programs. Member services include:
- A listserv for sharing information and seeking advice from other members on issues and topics relevant to your funding activities in Africa.
- Copies of conference reports, directories, and results of research projects
- Invitations to formal and informal networking sessions
- Invitations to the on going "Conversations With/Dialogues On" series
- Members' rate for the Annual Retreat
- Invitation to organize a session at the Annual Retreat on a topic of your interest
- Opportunities to convene and participate in Working Groups on special topics
- Opportunities to participate, initiate, and co-sponsor learning calls, meetings and projects related to grantmaking in Africa
- Access to the Members' Section of the AGAG website where information available only to members is posted
- A Membership Directory that includes Africa program contact information and description, a list of recent grants and resources. Each profile includes a listing of other members who fund in the same geographic region and program areas
Join your colleagues working to promote increased and more effective foundation funding in Africa.